As both a mother of two perfect little angels and a Product Specialist, I have the unique opportunity of thinking about babies of all ages, everyday. Life with a newborn can be overwhelming, and every parent wants only the best for their new arrival. With that in mind, here is a simple guide to the basics of the best investments you will ever use over and over again.
1. Organic Crib Mattress – Natural Rubber: Both our natural rubber and innerspring crib mattresses are the purest thing to put your little love on for a nap, or hopefully a full night of rest, but I have some reasons near and dear to heart for recommending the natural rubber first. The properties of natural rubber make it mold-, mildew-, and dust-mite-resistant without the extra layer of a barrier cover. Some other benefits are the even feel, minimal body impressions over time (or through multiple children), and, when baby becomes a toddler jumping, bumping, thumping, and trying to escape, there are no innersprings to damage. If you consider how many children will begin life on that same mattress, the investment pays for itself as a future toddler bed or a crib for siblings yet to come.
2. Essential Bedding: Everyone who has experience with babies knows they are messy! So this “must have” is a two-parter, because both are equally essential through toddlerhood and beyond the potty-training years. First up is the non-negotiable Naturally Safer Pure Wool Moisture Protector Pad. This is a liquid-resistance barrier layer to keep any mess off your beautiful organic mattress. This low-maintenance layer requires only a warm-water rinse as needed (which can easily be done in a bathtub) and fresh air to dry. The next essential is the Certified Organic Flannel Mattress Pad to layer on top of the Wool Moisture Protector. This organic cotton flannel layer is a soft, absorbent layer to catch the bulk of the mess and prevent shifting liquids from wiggling, like your little one, on top of the wool pad. This more practical of the two layers is machine washable and dryable, so it can be cleaned during play time and be ready when baby is ready for nap or bedtime.
3. Organic Cotton Travel Changing Pad: Not just for frequent changing; this genius pad will be used a million times over to create a soft, organic surface anywhere. This can be for tummy time on the floor, or in grocery carts when baby is old enough to sit unassisted. These durable changing pads wash up beautifully and are available in tan or sage colorgrown organic cotton.
4. Stain & Odor Eliminator: Babies, and kids of all ages, are natural born stain and odor experts. Diapers, spit-up, food, mud, finger paints -- children don't discriminate, and make endless messes effortlessly with an arsenal of everyday items. This is why every new parent I know gets a bottle of this miracle cleaner! The natural enzymes can tackle just about every surface in every room of the house, including carpet, upholstery, and laundry, with the added bonus of taking care of pet messes also. There aren't enough good things to say about it, and I have never spoken with a disappointed user. Most of the time people are eager to tell me about the challenges it has conquered.
5. Certified Organic Cotton Stuffed Bunny: This adorable bunny is sturdy enough to be chewed on through the newborn times, and large enough to be a play companion in the the toddler years and beyond. Another huge benefit to the size of this sweet bunny is that even a new parent can easily spot clean this guy using some Stain & Odor Eliminator on a damp washcloth and giving him a brisk rub down. The perfect organic gift for those parents who want a surprise instead of an ultrasound for either a boy or a girl.
I hope this helps narrow the choices and support the new little one in your life for sleeping, playing, and living safely for many years ahead!