2. Freshen up your non-washable bedding by airing it out in the sun. Wait for a nice sunny day, and put your wool comforter, pillows, couch cushions, and anything else that can’t go in the washing machine out in a sunny part of your yard. You can even sprinkle a little bit of baking soda on the surface while it sits out in the sun for extra freshness. The sun is a natural brightener, and will make your bedding feel nice and refreshed.HEPA air purifiers. Lifekind has several different sizes that can handle an area as small as your car to a space as large as 1,300 square feet!
6. Vacuum after you have done the rest of the cleaning. If you vacuum first, you will just end up knocking all of the dust from higher up in the room back onto the floor, and you will need to do the floors again. Save yourself a step.
7. For hard, water-safe surfaces throughout your house, you can use our All-Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser. It is made with grapefruit-seed and orange-peel extract, and has a nice, clean scent, so your house will smell great, without smelling like chemicals. I usually dilute it for wiping down counters, painted walls and other light-duty cleaning, but also use it full strength for tougher cleaning.8. Flip your mattress! Most of our mattresses need to be flipped only once a year, and this is the perfect time to do it. If you have a mattress that doesn’t need to be flipped, you can still rotate it (move the head of the mattress to the foot) so that it wears evenly and will last as long as possible.
9. Move all of your appliances and clean out from behind them, including vacuuming off the dust from the back of the fridge, getting the schmutz from around the stove (full-strength Cleaner and Degreaser works great for this!), and all of the lint that hides around your dryer. These hidden allergens can be annoying your sinuses, even if the rest of your house is spic-and-span clean.
10. Put a few vases of fresh flowers around your house. Even though this isn’t really cleaning, it is a great way to put a smile on your face and remind yourself that spring is just around the corner after a long, cold winter! Bonus Tip: Don’t forget to change your household air filter. You should be doing this every month to make sure your HVAC system is working as well as possible, but if you haven’t done it in awhile, do it now!