Know Your Delivery ABCs

Please review these guidelines before your shipment arrives, and call us if you have any questions.

We are dedicated to working with you to make certain your mattress and/or furniture delivery goes smoothly. Call 800-284-4983, Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm PT, if you have any shipping-related questions, including at the time of delivery.

Please note that all shipping dates from our factory are approximate, and orders may ship early unless a “no sooner” date has been requested by the customer. Within 2 weeks of the shipping date the shipment will arrive in your area, and the local carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery date.

Fortunately, over 99% of our deliveries come off without a hitch. The other 1% may be affected by weather, traffic, routing priorities, remoteness of location, holidays, or just plain human error.

Your local shipping agent will typically provide a four-hour window of time for your delivery. While the agent will usually attempt to schedule delivery at a time that is convenient for you, keep in mind that they are independent contractors working outside of our control and within the confines of union rules. Therefore, we cannot guarantee delivery of your mattress and/or furniture at a specific date or time. If you are not at home at the pre-scheduled time of delivery, and the drivers have to wait for you, additional fees will apply.

A. Inspect all boxes before you sign or accept delivery.

It is crucial that any possible damage be noted on the delivery receipt while the driver is present. Even if the boxes look fine, we recommend that when you sign the paperwork presented, you add the words “subject to inspection.” This qualified acceptance protects both you and Lifekind® if hidden damages show up as you are unpacking your mat- tress and/or accessories. (Note: UPS or Fed Ex Ground deliveries do not require a signature. In such cases, please report any damage immediately to your Product Specialist.) In the unlikely event that damage occurs during shipping, it is crucial that it be reported to us within 24 hours so we can notify the shipper for replacement and/or credit.

B. If you are concerned about possible damage based on your inspection of the boxes, there are two options:

Option 1: Accept the shipment and write “subject to inspection” on the delivery receipt. Note any apparent damage to the boxes at the time of delivery (e.g., box corners crushed, tears, rips, marks, etc.). This qualified acceptance is usually a good option if there doesn’t appear to be any obvious damage to the contents, and you are still protected if any hidden damages arise within 24 hours of delivery. NOTE: Damage to the outside plastic used to wrap the mattress box is common and usually not a sign of damage to the contents. If you notice damage to the outside plastic but the rest of the box appears to be intact, it is safe to accept delivery. If you notice any damage to the contents as they are unpacked, be sure to let your Lifekind Product Specialist know right away so we can rush you a replacement.

Please open boxes within 24 hours to inspect the items, and save all packaging materials for inspection and possible reuse for a return shipment.

Option 2: You can refuse the shipment in total, simply writing on the paperwork “damaged – refused” along with the reason (e.g., outside boxes ripped, wet, etc.). Then notify us at 800-284-4983 so we can arrange for a prompt reshipment of your order without any additional freight cost to you.

C. About inside delivery...

“Inside delivery” means that the driver(s) will bring the mattress inside the first door. (Note: extra charges may be incurred for multiple flights of stairs – check with your Product Specialist for details.) There needs to be a cleared area available on a wall or floor where the box(es) can be placed. Drivers will normally not take your box(es) further nor unpack your mattress for you, unless you have paid for these additional services (again, ask your Product Specialist for details). Due to insurance restrictions, it is important that you refrain from assisting delivery personnel with mattress unloading, lifting, or placement. Contact our your Product Specialist if any questions should arise during delivery.

The number of drivers sent to deliver your mattress will depend on the trucking company and the level of service you choose.