Your Lifekind® Maton® is made in our U.S. Eco-Factory™ by people who are committed to the highest standards of quality and workmanship. Only the finest certified organic cotton, certi- fied organic wool, and certified organic natural rubber have been used in its construction.
Please read the following carefully. This important information will affect the terms of your warranty.
1. Foundation Support - This limited warranty is valid under the following conditions:
• Your Maton® is supported with either a Lifekind® wood-slat foundation or a platform slat bed. Platform beds are acceptable provided the distance between each slat does not exceed 3 inches. Caution: Matons® placed on solid wood boards, even if drilled with ventilation holes, are subject to mold and are not covered under this warranty.
• Queen- and king-size sets are used on a metal frame with a center support.
2. Body impressions are not a structural defect. The natural materials used in your Maton® are intended to conform to your individual characteristics. These impressions are caused by the normal settling and compacting of the certified organic cotton and certified wool used in its construction. To minimize this condition, turn your Maton® frequently – every few weeks or so – and air out in sunshine, if possible. (See our Maton® Care sheet, attached.)
3. Warranty Services - In the event that warranty service is required, your product will be repaired in your local area, if possible, or replaced at our option. This warranty extends only to the original purchaser and is not transferable. Retain your invoice and law label as these are proof of your purchase of a Lifekind® product.
4. Lifekind® Repair Reservation - We reserve the right to refuse to repair any product which is found, upon inspection, to be in an unsanitary condition (for example, with mildew or any other type of stain). We recommend that the Maton® always be used with a mattress pad. If identical materials are not available at the time of product service, Lifekind® reserves the right to substitute materials which may be of a different pattern, but of equal or higher quality.
5. Return Freight Charges - Lifekind® will pay freight charges for any defective product returned during the first year, subject to the limitations above. After the first year, the customer is responsible for the freight charges to return the Maton® to Lifekind® for a warranty inspection. Lifekind® will bear the cost of any necessary repairs and pay the return freight charges, if the product is determined, in our sole discretion, to be defective.
6. Proration of Warranty - All necessary replacements or repairs which are determined by Lifekind®to be caused by manufacturing defects will be non-prorated for 5 years. After 5 years, repairs or replacement will be prorated based on a 10/2 percentage basis. During the 6th year, you will receive a repair or replacement credit equal to 10% of the original purchase price. The credit will decrease by 2% each year for the following 4 years.